With any disruption to flight statuses, we want our customers to have clear visibility of British Airways latest advice and/or communications to allow them to take appropriate action towards keeping passenger journeys as smooth as possible.
We will update this area regularly with anything we know, please continue to check back with us and the further sources provided below.
BRITISH AIRWAYS PILOT STRIKE:
Industrial action proposed by BALPA (the pilot union) will go ahead on 27 September 2019.
If you have impacted Flights or Groups bookings, please contact us on our usual channels during our opening hours and a member of our team will endeavour to assist. Alternately, you can email us an enquiry and we'll respond as soon as possible.
Regarding the communication error whereby some passengers were led to believe their flight had been cancelled when it wasn't;
- Customer can request a refund
- Customers can move back to their original reinstated flight
- As the flights were showing cancelled on ba.com customers may have already claimed a refund. Passengers can still rebook back onto the reinstated flight, lowest availability in the original cabin (subject to availability) and a new ticket will be issued at the original costs.
- Customers can move back to their original reinstated flight (subject to availability or remain on their alternative flight
- If the customer has already claimed a refund they can still chose to rebook back onto the reinstated flight, lowest availability in the original cabin. A new ticket will be issued at the original costs
Please note that all BA Cityflyer, Comair and SUN-AIR services, as well as codeshare flights with partner airlines, will operate as normal.
Further information: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/traveltrade
Consumer information: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/strike/latest-information
In any instances of cancellations or a strike, we will keep our trade partners who have passengers affected by the disruption directly informed of their options and support them with their arrangements.
Last updated 12 September, 17:20
*Calls cost 51p per minute plus your network's connection charge